Hesco gabion is made up of a pre-fabricated gabion of galvanized welded-mesh steel fitted with a UV-protected andPolypropylene geo-textile liner.
Features, Application & Use
Filling material is an easily-obtained mix of sand and small stones.
- Can be connected together to any length, and can be stacked for additional height.
- Primary military use is as force protection against blast and projectiles.
- Other military uses include as barriers of all types including:
- general walling for sensitive and/or high-value installations,
- traffic control points such as check points or border points,
- aircraft revetments,
- Ammunition and fuel storage Bunding.
- Shipped and stored as a flat-pack unit.
- Faster to erect than sandbags
- 10 men filling and erecting 1,500 sandbags = 7 hours
- 2 men + MHE erecting the same size Hesco Barriers wall = 30 minutes
- Option-I = Size 1M x 1M x 1M
- Option-II = Size 1.52M x 1.52M x 1.52M
- Option-III = Size 1.52M x 1.52M x 2.12M